Week 4: Media and a Memory

20140411-154940.jpg

When I was little, I just couldn’t do without my favorite stuffed dog, Bester. It was the most fun animal ever. I would sleep with him, play with him, do everything with him. Bester was the best thing in the world! He had the softest fur, nice brown eyes, floppy velvet ears, basically everything you could ever want in a dog.

While I snuggled it, I pretended Bester was a real, living dog, all for me. I could play with him and dance with him whenever I wanted to. I would talk to him when I was sad; I would talk to him when I was happy. I would play with my sister’s stuffed dog, Hope. Bester and Hope; the best of friends— just like Rachel and I. Bester reminded me of old times, of times where we jumped on the bed and when I threw him up into the air, promising to catch him. When I would toss him and twirl him, it was as if I actually had a puppy.

Bester never failed to make me laugh and smile. That’s why Bester was my favorite stuffed animal. Without Bester, my life would be incomplete. I would no longer have a fantasy little puppy.

2 thoughts on “Week 4: Media and a Memory