Volleyball

6:37 PM. I get off the bleachers and jog onto the court. The A Team just finished playing, and they had won the first one, lost the second one, and returned with an amazing comeback and finished it up, winning the last game. I was so nervous, knowing that this game was the first game going on our record. I kept trying to think positive thoughts, but it wasn’t exactly easy do because I had heard Marble Falls were a really hard team. Despite all of that, I lined up, and started doing warmups. All through the passing, all I could think about was how we absolutely needed to win. Finally, we started serving. Every single one of my serves sailed perfectly over the net, so I thought that things were looking pretty promising. I knew I shouldn’t get over confident, so I pushed all thoughts of winning out of my head. First half of the first game, and we were doing great. Calling the balls, have perfect passes, sets, and once we even spiked it over. We won that game 25 to 19. We knew we still shouldn’t get over confident, because we still had to win one more game. The second game, things weren’t looking so good. We would always be tied, and then the other team would get one point.We weren’t calling the ball, people would just watch the ball drop to the floor, and almost none of our serves went over. We lost that game 18 to 21. Still, we were hopeful. One more game, we could win this. The third game started off okay, with our team being always 3 to 4 points ahead of the other team. We played hard, got almost all of our serves over, and we finished the game with an amazing pass that could not be returned. We won that game 25 to 17, and there was a lot of screaming, and jumping up and down. The first game that went on our record, and we totally conquered it.

3 thoughts on “Volleyball

1. Wow volleyball seems intense. I am definitely not great at volleyball, It was always really fun to me even if I could just barely serve. My serves brushed the net. My hits almost landed either on me or on the net but sometimes made it over. Sometimes I have good volleyball days like if I am feeling competitive for a game on the beach with friends or maybe like a couple days in gym last year I made some serves. I NEVER could spike though. I’m just not a girl for spiking… I like the idea of volleyball though and congratulations on your win! That goes for the whole team!

2. I know how it feels like to play a challenging team. In my league our rival is the best in the league, and they always beat us every time.